The Tasman Rugby Union (TRU) along with the Tasman Rugby Referees are seeking applications for a Referee Education Officer to manage the development, promotion and implementation of initiatives that increase the recruitment, retention, training and education of referees. To achieve this aim this full time role based in Tasman, will be responsible for the delivery of training, resources and services along with promoting best practice to referee associations, the TRU, schools, and clubs as well as providing education opportunities for players, coaches, media and fans in the Laws of the Game and the role of the referee.
Ideally, candidates would have experience in the following areas:
- Recognised referee experience
- A background in sports administration
- An understanding of the game of rugby and the Laws of the Game
- Proven relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to train referees, coaches, and referee coaches
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal
- Presenting or facilitating at training workshops
Applicants also need to be a team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, be able to work flexible hours and travel throughout the Tasman region including Marlborough, Nelson Bays and Buller.
A position description is attached ~ /_tasmanrugby/Library/Position%20Description%20-%20Referee%20Education%20Officer.pdf
Applications close 5 pm Friday 1st of March, please post or email to:
Tasman Rugby Union
PO Box 7157