Tasman Rugby and Crusaders Academy
Performance Analysis Internships
The Tasman Rugby Union (TRU) and Crusaders Academy invites applications from aspiring performance analysts to work alongside the TRU’s Performance Analyst as a volunteer intern.
The successful applicant will assist the Performance Analyst with all aspects of analysis both on and off field working with players and coaches from the Tasman Mako, Crusaders Academy, and the regions representative teams. We pride ourselves on developing exceptional men and women, in recent years we have produced 6 All Blacks, 11 Maori All Blacks and 7 All Black Sevens. In 2019, the Tasman Mako where undefeated winning the National Provincial Premiership title.
Reporting to the Performance Analyst, you will be a self-starter who possesses an understanding of video analysis; a working knowledge of Apple iOS/media and presentation software; an ability to quickly learn and master software applications such as Sportscode and wants to confidently support coaches and players.
There are two (2) positions available. They are hands-on role in a high-performance environment that will provide the applicant with knowledge, mentoring, support and in-depth exposure to the role of a performance analyst. The internship can encompass your tertiary practicum/placement hours, as well as provide you with additional development opportunities.
The ideal applicants will have:
• Completed, or be completing, a sport and recreation course with a Performance Analysis elective, or have previous experience in a professional sport environment
• Exposure to Performance Analysis applications
• An understanding that confidentiality is critical to this role
• A strong work ethic with a passion for rugby
• A keen desire to learn coupled with a positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to meet strict deadlines
• An ability to build rapport and respect with people from diverse backgrounds
• Confidence working at heights (for filming)
This role will be based at Tasman Rugby Union, Nelson, with an ability to travel within the region as/when required. The role requires the ability to work varying operational hours which includes evenings and weekends.
Internship Period: Early April – 31st October 2020
Applications must include a CV and covering letter. Please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 22nd November 2019