POSITION VACANT: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
New Zealand’s premier Provincial Rugby Union is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer.
Tasman Rugby Union (TRU) provides community rugby participation and pathways in Marlborough and Nelson / Tasman and fields teams in NZ’s national men’s and women’s national provincial championships. The men’s team are 2019 and 2020 Premiership champions.
As the CEO you will enjoy a varied role providing leadership to the organisation and will be responsible for the strategic direction of the Union, including financial sustainability, nurturing our people and stakeholder relationships, growing the game through participation, as well as event management.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- Strategic Leadership from the front
- An ability to Influence and innovate
- A proven track record in developing and executing strategic plans and initiatives at a senior management level preferably CEO
- Ability to think at a strategic level and convert that into action
- An ability to successfully identify and implement commercial opportunities to grow revenue
- An understanding of rugby at both a ‘High Performance’ and ‘Community’ level
A critical component of this role is a strong business acumen along with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels, including clubs and schools, community funders, sponsors, NZ Rugby, Crusaders, Local Heartland Unions, NZRPA and participants in our game.
We need a strong candidate to continue our standing within the game who enjoys taking ownership, driving staff to succeed, comfortable in making decisions, innovative, risk taker and communicates well.
What is in it for me?
- Best provincial union environment in NZ rugby
- Success on and off the pitch
- Build on the legacy of producing national champions, developing further high-performance programmes, performing teams and exceptional athletes
- Management of a hard-working team of staff that strive to be the best in NZR Inc
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
The vision of the TRU Board is to be a Top 4 Provincial Union within NZR Inc by any criteria – whether performance, academy recruitment and programme, commercial, funding, player numbers, etc. If you believe that you what have what it takes to continue to drive and build on our success, then we want to hear from you.
For further information on this opportunity please ring the current CEO to discuss the role on + 64 21 515448.
All applications should include a covering letter and CV, and be forwarded to TRU Chairman Wayne Young via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, 22nd January 2021